After a quick lunch at Captain Cook’s we headed directly to our room. We didn’t have to stop at the front desk in the lobby because they had both emailed and texted our room number to us. We were using our Disney Vacation Club points, and reserved a Deluxe Studio–Lake View. Here’s a quick video tour:
The Deluxe Studios here at the Polynesian have two bathrooms. One with a regular shower/tub, toilet and sink:
The second bathroom has a really awesome shower and a sink:
The kitchenette is a nice feature. It includes a microwave, toaster, coffee pot, and mini-fridge. Also provided are some paper products including a roll of paper towels, paper plates and paper bowls.
The bedroom and living area include a Queen size bed, a pull out sofa, and a murphy style bed that pulls down under the television.
We had an amazing view from our patio:
Pros of staying at this resort:
- Location! You are two monorail stops away from Magic Kingdom. You can walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center to get on the monorail for Epcot. You can take a boat to Magic Kingdom also if you prefer.
- Atmosphere. This resort really makes you feel like you are on an island somewhere. If you love tropical, Hawaii type feel, then this is the resort for you.
- Restaurants. I love every single restaurant here. Kona Cafe has great breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also serve really good sushi (so I’ve been told…I don’t eat it!). Ohana is my favorite restaurant anywhere on Disney property. The food is SO GOOD! It’s served family style. They also have the Pineapple Lanai that served Dole Whip!
- Cast Members. The people that work at this resort are super friendly. Every single one that we crossed paths with said “Aloha” to us!
- Pool! The pool here has undergone some renovations and now includes a splash area. There’s also a water slide. If you prefer something more relaxed there is a quiet pool as well.
Cons of staying at this resort:
- Price. This is an expensive resort. The average price per night on the smallest room type is $525. That’s the average!
If we get the opportunity, we will definitely stay at this resort again!